IFR & IFD: The New Regulatory Technical Standards and Key Implementation Aspects
Instructors: Dr Marios Kyriacou & Mrs. Damiani Papatheodotou
- Learn how to comply with the new Investment Firms Regulation and Directive (IFR/IFD) that is applicable for all Cyprus Investment Firms (CIFs) as of June 26, 2021.
- To understand the key provisions of the new Investment Firms Regulation (IFR) and Investment Firms Directive (IFD);
- To be aware of the new reporting requirements of CIFs arising from the implementation of Investment Firms Regulation (IFR) and Investment Firms Directive (IFD);
- To categorise a CIF into one of three classes (Class 1-3) and learn the implications in terms of capital requirements;
- To prepare the new regulatory reporting templates for CySEC;
- To update internal Risk Management policies and procedures so they comply with the new Investment Firms Regulation (IFR) and Investment Firms Directive (IFD);
- To set up data capturing procedures and systems needed for the calculation of the new k-factors;
- To be able to calculate the k-factors and the corresponding capital requirements under the new rules;
- To cooperate with the relevant departments within the Company to obtain the relevant information needed from each department to calculate the new k-factors and capital requirements;
- To create a data warehouse with historically;
- To justify to the relevant regulatory authorities under which Class the CIF should be categorised and how their capital requirements should be calculated.