To: Regulated Entities:
- Alternative Investment Fund Managers (‘AIFMs’);
- UCITS Management Companies (‘UCITS MC’);
- Self-Managed UCITS (‘SM UCITS’);
- Self-Managed Alternative Investment Funds (‘SM AIFs’);
- Self-Managed Alternative Investment Funds with Limited Number of Persons (‘SM AIFLNP’);
- Companies with sole purpose the management of AIFLNPs
CySEC wishes to inform the Regulated Entities about the following:
A. Information requested by CySEC
- A new version of the form, RBSF-MC Version 2 (“the Form”), is issued for the collection of statistical information on an annual basis;
- All Regulated Entities that were authorised by 31st December 2019 must submit the Form;
- The Form must be submitted via the CySEC (‘TRS’) system by Friday, 19 July 2019.
Changes to the Form according to ESAs Risk-Based Supervision Guidelines and AML 4th Directive
This version of the Form has taken into consideration the provisions of the Joint Committee of the three European Supervisory Authorities (EBA, EIOPA and ESMA, ‘ESAs’) published, on the 7th of April 2017, the guidelines on the characteristics of a risk-based approach to anti-money laundering and countering terrorist financing (‘AML/CFT’) supervision and the steps to be taken when conducting supervision on a risk-sensitive basis (‘The Risk-Based Supervision Guidelines’).
In addition, the Circular provides details on the additional information requested in the new version of the Form as well as instructions for its submission.
For any additional information or assistance please contact our Compliance Team at [email protected]