Relevant to: Regulated Entities1
Circular C573 (“the Circular”) dated 12/05/2023 informs Regulated Entities about the Risk-Based Supervision Framework and the Electronic submission of information for the year 2022.
Through Circular C573, CySEC wishes to inform Regulated Entities about the new version of the Annual Form, RBSF-MC Version 6 (‘the Form’), which can be found in the Appendix.
The key takeaways from CySEC’s C573 circular can be found below:
- The Form must be completed and successfully submitted to CySEC, by all Regulated Entities that were authorised, appointed or approved to act as External Fund Managers (in case no authorisation is required by the relevant legislation), by December 31, 2022. In this respect, Regulated Entities that were authorised, appointed or approved to act as External Fund Managers by December 31 2022, but have not made use of their authorisation or appointment, must also submit the Form.
- The Form must be successfully submitted electronically via CySEC’s Transaction Reporting System (‘TRS’) 15:00 hrs, Friday, June 16 2023 at the latest.
- The steps that the Regulated Entities will have to follow, for the successful submission of the Form to the TRS, can be found here. Upon submission, the Regulated Entities are responsible to ensure that they have received a feedback file, i.e., an official submission confirmation dispatched by the TRS in the Outgoing directory.
- The Form is regarded as being successfully submitted to CySEC only when a NO ERROR indication feedback file is received, within the deadlines set out above.
- Before submitting the Form, please ensure that all validation tests that are contained in the Form (Sections A, B, C1, C2, D, E, F, G, H, I, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q and Validation Tests Worksheet) are TRUE (Green Colour).
- Failure to promptly and duly comply with the above, will bear the administrative penalties of section 37(5) of the CySEC Law.
- This Circular C573 also includes instructions on the method of creating, signing and submitting the Form to CySEC and general comments on how to compete for the Form.
Should you need more information or assistance with completing the Form, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 25-508201.
Alternative Investment Fund Managers (‘AIFMs’), Internally managed AIFs, UCITS Management Companies, Internally Managed UCITS, Internally Managed Alternative Investment Funds with Limited Number of Persons (‘AIFLNP’) Companies with sole purpose the management of AIFLNPs and Small AIFMs.