“IFRS-9 in Practice: Risk Management Perspective”
IFRS 9 accounting standard “Financial Instruments” was developed by the International Accounting Standards Board. The standard incorporates the requirements of all three phases of the financial instruments projects, being: Classification and Measurement; Impairment; and Hedge Accounting. In EU IFRS 9 standard was adopted by Commission Regulation (EU) 2016/2067 of 22 November 2016. IFRS 9 requires modelling of credit risk factors. This requirement of IFRS 9 complicates its implementation and create needs for additional training.
- To understand the basic features of IFRS-9 accounting standard
- To categorise financial assets and liabilities in accordance with IFRS 9 requirements.
- To know the forward-looking model for the recognition of expected losses on financial assets.
- To perform calculations of the 12-month and life-time expected losses.
- To perform significant increase of credit risk assessment.
- To establish internal policies in accordance with IFRS 9 Standard.
- To cooperate with the Heads of the different departments with respect to credit risk management and provisioning.
- To articulate and justify provisioning proposals to the Management